An easy softmod process is performed on an original XBox. The box is softmodded using a hotswap technique but without having to create a bootable disk using the xboxhdm. Because the original XBox is an IDE drive, an IDE DVD ROM drive would normally be required to boot to, in order to be able to see the XBox HDD. I no longer have a functioning IDE DVD drive; I have a SATA DVD drive. So, I decided do use a direct file-copy technique using NDURE 3.1 and Xplorer360. It requires no special backdoors using special games & no special cables. It does require a PC & you to have an IDE port on your PCs motherboard & of course – an IDE cable.
IDE cable on Amazon (80 conductor 24-inch ): choicehacks.com/geni.us/1dOQT
AID4.54: choicehacks.com/mega.nz/#F!N8gUwIRJ!LesgK10b2sw-EeQblx-vZQAID Tutorial: choicehacks.com/www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-use-auto-installer-deluxe-4-53-unofficial-4-6.7899/
Hexen 2020: choicehacks.com/www.mediafire.com/file/66tmora5urrfqbf/HeXEn_2018.rar/file
XBox SoftModding Tool: choicehacks.com/drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzRN8P835YijRU94cVNNWFA1Z28
Old IsoZone links which are currently defunct:
1. Normally, you would want to establish a common ground between independently powered devices which share a data connection. However, it seems that floating grounds do not pose a problem with IDE connections, so no common ground was established between the 2 machines in this video. If you are worried about this, simply connect the frames of each machine using an alligator-clip jumper or similar before doing the hotswap.
2. If Xplorer360 craps out on you during Partition 4 backup, you might be ok. Try proceeding & using FTP to copy over any missing game saves at the end of the procedure.
3. If you have a problem getting Xplorer360 to just see the drive, try running it as administrator (right-click & “run as admin”) OR disabling UAC. At least one person advises this helped that scenario them (thanks newkfromrotterdam!).
4. Several people have reported problems moving files with Xplorer360. The tool is flakey and – among other issues – has an upper file count limit per file drag & drop, so try moving fewer at a time if you have problems.
5. Based on feedback from Fromu & others – I recommend disabling UAC (user account control) – at least temporarily – before starting your file transfers in Xplorer360. My UAC was off when I made this video.
Why mod your Original Xbox?
1. Install a larger HDD
2. Copy your DVD games to HDD: much faster launches & no disc fiddling
3. Run Emulators to play classic video games of yore
4. Run XBMC / Kodi media center
5. For fun!
Subscribe and visit me here: choicehacks.com/grokshop.tv
#originalxbox #oxbox #grokshop
DIY,how to,tech tip,grokshop,grokshop.tv,original xbox,original xbox mod,original xbox softmod,xbox,microsoft,dvd,emulation,emulators,evolution-x,tsop,bios,tsop flash,homebrew,xbox original,xbox softmod,retro gaming,unleashx,how to softmod,how to softmod xbox
Music credits (in order of appearance):
[music credits pending]
For this video, all music was acquired at the the Free Music Archive and licensed under a CCby[X] license which are free to use licenses ( even commercially ). I do tip these artists from time to time, based on the success of my videos. Please check them out, tip em or buy some of their work. Without generous & talented artists, it’d be a bunch of polka stuff. (“Dum da da dum, DEE, dum da da dum..”)
Video Rating: / 5
Try it yourself first:
WP Username Enumeration
WP Password Bruteforcing
Exploiting SUID binary